For Families Like Us is looking for Volunteers to join our board. Members of the Board will draw upon their expertise, personal and professional networks, and creativity to provide additional organizational and financial support to fulfill the agency’s mission. These are volunteer positions
The Board’s goals will be to work together to develop our primary and secondary goals, such as:
- Serving as an ambassador for and raising awareness of For Families Like Us, its clients and its mission
- Raising funds by planning online campaigns, fundraising events, happy hours, etc.
- Building partnerships with businesses, organizations and other institutions in Houston
- Designing volunteer and engagement opportunities for our community
- Developing events and opportunities that further serve our youth and their families
- Leading advocacy initiatives related to For Families Like Us mission and work
- To give back to our community by volunteering your time, skills, and expertise
- To gain hands-on experience in nonprofits, fundraising
- Associate Board members will be expected to attend quarterly meetings (1-2 hours, in person or via phone) and all Board events. Sub-committees may be asked to meet separately. Members must commit to a one-year term, beginning in January 2017.
Who should apply?
We are looking for Board members coming from diverse backgrounds, careers, skill areas, and fields.
For more information or to apply, contact Robert Moore:
email@example.com or 832 582 – 3175